Charles Bukowski Quotes: Unfiltered Wisdom and Raw Truths



Charles Bukowski is a highly influential American writer known for his gritty and unfiltered style. Highlight his reputation as a counterculture figure and his ability to capture the raw truths of life through his writing.



"Find what you love and let it kill you."

"The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it - basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them."

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."






"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

"I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around."

"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start."

"To do a dull thing with style - now that's what I call art."

"The less I needed, the better I felt."

"I don't know about other people, but when I wake up in the morning and put my shoes on, I think, 'Jesus Christ, now what?'"

"Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, 'I'm not going to make it,' but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way."

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities."

"The problem with the world is that idiots are always so certain of themselves and the wise people are so full of doubts."

"I wanted the whole world or nothing."

"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way."

"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy, you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship, you don't have to waste your time voting."

"Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink."

"How the hell could a person enjoy being awakened at 6:30 AM by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?"

"I wasn't much for a petty thief. I wanted the whole world or nothing."

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire."

"If you have the ability to love, love yourself first."

"The best way to survive eternity is to be like everybody else."

"I'm in love with everything that touches me."

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way."

"When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth."

"The world was still a good place when you didn't know too much about it."

"If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire."

"An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world."

People are strange: they are constantly angered by trivial things, but on a major matter like totally wasting their lives, they hardly seem to notice."


Conclusion:

Conclude the article by emphasizing the enduring impact of Charles Bukowski's quotes and how they continue to resonate with readers seeking truth, authenticity, and a nonconformist perspective. Encourage readers to explore Bukowski's works further and reflect on the profound insights offered by his unfiltered words.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.